Tuesday, May 01, 2007

For Sale on Ebay: My City Pages Award

I've enjoyed my City Pages award for the past week, and now I'd like to pass it along to someone, anyone, who might really deserve it. Therefore I've put it up for auction on Ebay.

I hope the editors at City Pages won't view this as a sign of ingratitude. I really do appreciate the honor; it's just that I can't really do anything with it. Very few people are impressed that I won it, and the strangers I've talked to about it don't know what a blog is. A number of fellow conservative blogs are suspicious of me simply for having been awarded the honor, and left-wing blogs won't acknowledge my presence. Therefore I believe a fellow established or would-be blogger may be able to put the award to better use than myself.

As for the legality of this, I haven't found anything on the City Pages site saying that I can't transfer title. As I don't actually receive any sort of an actual certificate embodying the honor, I've decided to draw one up myself for the highest bidder, customized to their specifications. A facsimile of what such a certificate will look like is viewable at the ebay listing.

Happy bidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment