Tuesday, August 07, 2007

St. Aphid, And A Nice Email

The Church of St. Agnes in St. Paul, Minnesota / St. Aphid

Click above to view larger cartoon. Largest.



Faith and children in front of the shrine to St. Aphid, at the church of the same name (after the Church of St. Agnes in St. Paul, where Chris and I were married 12 years ago next month by officiant Father Robert Altier).

Thanks to Karen at Karen's Korner for including the Love Power cartoon in her 'The Collapse Over The Mississippi UPDATED' post.



Got a nice email-

This is kind of a pointless email, but I just wanted to send off a short little thank-you note for drawing some of your nicer cartoons. I have a pretty extreme case of chronic pain so I can't leave my house very often or do much of anything of worth, and some of your cartoons (like "Phat") or basically any of the ones that express love and tolerance and relief for the poor and needy (although not so much the ones bashing the ACLU and what-have) have really lifted my spirits on some of my housebound days. Normally I only see your comics from browsing through the Portal of Evil (I don't post there), and I'm always delighted to see Faithmouse bumped up to the top. I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work, and that some of your pencilworking is absolutely gorgeous. You are very talented!

Also, it doesn't mean so much, but your kinder, gentler cartoons are also a very good work of ministry. I am an atheist and grew up in a rather unforgiving Fundamentalist household, but some of your works make me smile and wish I was religious again. It's good to see a Christian that honestly loves his fellow man instead of just being snarky and combative towards the opposite side about the PERSECUTIONS or what-have. Just love, that's all you need.

Well, I'm going to cut this off now because the meds are making me rambly and gushy, so good luck and Godspeed, Dan Lacey, and may we see many more Faithmouse strips in the future!

Love,
(name withheld)

No comments:

Post a Comment