Monday, March 09, 2009

Purim O Corn, In Progress

Barack

A new painting in progress of Barack Obama nude on a unicorn in celebration of Purim. Should have this completed late this evening, along with a few new Barack Obama portrait paintings.



The doorbell which is very loud wakes me up this morning, but my wife who is in the laundry room doesn't hear it. At the door is a roly-poly older Jehovah's Witness in a suit, and I very politely accept a copy of 'WHAT DOES THE BIBLE Really TEACH?' which doesn't bother me because I'm sort of interested. I feel a little bad about not letting him in, but I don't know him.

I go into the kitchen still naked with my new book and my wife says she'd like to do something for St. Patrick's Day this year. I'm immediately struck with an image of a nude leprechaun Obama on a unicorn, and check the calender. I could paint something this afternoon or tomorrow and have the auction end in seven days on St. Patrick's Day itself, but then I recall having seen a few plays on the term 'Barack O'Bama' online, decide the idea is too cutesy and lose interest. Then I notice from the calendar that tomorrow is Purim.

So I sit in front of the computer with my coffee and cranberry juice and draw Obama on a unicorn on an 8 by 10 inch sheet of canvas celebrating Purim. It will be rad. Then I realize that many people are anti-semetic, and perhaps they would view Obama's naked butt being in the same painting as the Star Of David as an obtuse slur upon the proud nation of Israel. Perhaps they will come to the conclusion that I am a supporter of Hamas, which I am not. So I erase the Star Of David and sketch the Obama cereal box logo on there instead, but the grogger in Obama's hand isn't enough to create an association with the Jewish Holy Day, so I replace the Star and draw Obama with a 'King David' style skirt. This seems good.

I scan the drawing and post it to my blog, and then I take the canvas down to my studio to paint, and decide that I can't do this right now; I need to mail off a number of these finished paintings laying all over the floor before people start to get mad at me. Also, my Sear's bill is due.